UN Global Compact
We support the UN Global compact
The United Nations Global Compact is a call to companies to align their strategies and operations with ten universal principles in the areas of human rights, labour, environment and anti-corruption. Launched in 2000, the mandate of the UN Global Compact is to guide and support the global business community in advancing UN goals and values through responsible corporate practices. With more than 12,000 signatories in over 160 countries, it is the world's largest network focused on corporate sustainability initiatives.
EUROFIMA is since its foundation in 1956, dedicated to its non-profit maximizing mission to support the development of public service passenger railway transportation in its 25 European member states. By joining the world's largest corporate sustainability initiative, EUROFIMA is committed to complying with the highest standards and initiatives and shaping the future of sustainable transport in Europe.
EUROFIMA is committed to the UN Global Compact and upholding each and every one of the ten principles:
- Principle 1: Businesses should support and respect the protection of internationally proclaimed human rights; and
- Principle 2: Businesses should make sure that they are not complicit in human rights abuses.
- Principle 3: Businesses should uphold the freedom of association and the effective recognition of the right to collective bargaining;
- Principle 4: the elimination of all forms of forced and compulsory labour;
- Principle 5: the effective abolition of child labour; and
- Principle 6: the elimination of discrimination in respect of employment and occupation.
- Principle 7: Businesses should support a precautionary approach to environmental challenges;
- Principle 8: Businesses should undertake initiatives to promote greater environmental responsibility; and
- Principle 9: Businesses should encourage the development and diffusion of environmentally friendly technologies.
- Principle 10: Businesses should work against corruption in all its forms, including extortion and bribery.
We strive to implement these principles in our strategies, day to day operations, and corporate culture operative work and to engaging in collaborative projects which advance the broader development goals of the United Nations, particularly the Sustainable Development Goals
You can find our Letter of Commitment to the UN Global compact here.
Read more about the UN Global Compact.