We are hiring - Rail Finance Manager (80% - 100%)
EUROFIMA (European Company for the Financing of Railroad Rolling Stock) is a supranational organization located in Basel, Switzerland. EUROFIMA fulfils a non-profit maximizing mission to support the development of public service passenger rail transportation in Europe. EUROFIMA supports its shareholder railways as well as other railway bodies in renewing and modernizing their equipment by providing competitive financings.
As of 1 December 2023 – or by arrangement – we are looking for a
Rail Finance Manager (80% - 100%)
(Or Rolling Stock Finance Manager), Business Development Unit
Responsibilities and Impact:
- Targeting new rolling stock finance markets and/or clients (within EUROFIMA’s framework), and developing business plans for them
- Networking with relevant stakeholders such as national and regional governments, public transport authorities, train operation companies, lessors, lobby organizations, EU entities, financial institutions, etc. This includes also attending relevant trade fairs, conferences, and events.
- Supporting the CEO and CFO in strategic discussions with EUROFIMA’s stakeholders and leading the onboarding of new clients/markets together with internal stakeholders. This can also include further development of EUROFIMA’s product range as well as leading and implementing all projects relevant for the on-boarding.
Rolling Stock Finance Origination:
- Acquisition of new rolling stock finance deals with new clients in established or new markets
- Supporting the acquisition of new rolling stock finance deals with non-borrowing current shareholders in close co-operation with the client relationship managers within the Front Office unit
Rolling Stock Finance Structuring:
- Structuring of rail finance deals for new customers or stand-alone projects: preparing of offers, leading internal discussions, checking of eligibility
- Conducting the internal approval process, discussing legal documentation with external legal counsels, closing deals (excl. refinancing/funding operations), etc.
- Integrating sustainability and ESG (Environment, Social, Governance) in our financing schemes and documentation
- Being responsible for EUROFIMA’s external appearance and online presence
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in finance, economics, business administration or any similar subject
- At least 3 years of relevant experience in rail finance (preferably dealing with treasury, corporate finance, leasing or asset finance at a railway, lessor, financial institution, or anybody involved in public transportation)
- Knowledge of finance instruments like loans and purchase-hire agreements including relevant treasury products (e.g., interest rate swaps, foreign exchange swaps, etc.)
- Knowledge of, ideally, the French, German and/or UK railway markets
- Experienced Microsoft Office user
- Demonstrating experience working in an international environment and, ideally, connected to the rail-ways or public transport community
- Convincing people with your precise communication and influencing skills in English (oral and written) - any other language is an advantage (preferably German and/or French)
About the Job:
The assignment is permanent. You will work in our new offices at Meret Oppenheim Platz 1 C in Basel close to the main train station, in a hybrid working model. We look forward to receiving your complete application including your motivation at Jobs@Eurofima.org. Applications via recruiting agencies will not be considered.
EUROFIMA as an equal opportunity employer is committed to creating a diverse environment and supports flexible working arrangements. At EUROFIMA, we work in small interactive teams and foster an environment for fast learners who are eager to create an impact with their daily work. From day one, you will assume an important level of responsibility and independence to achieve our investment objectives. We offer an international work environment and support our staff with their development through relevant training.
The Business Development and the Front Office units are responsible for the business development, i.e., the acquisition and onboarding of new shareholders or new financings, the interaction with stakeholders in the railway market and for funding (i.e., Green Bonds, Bonds, Commercial Paper) in international capital markets and managing the EUR 15+ billion debt portfolio as well as for investor relations and relationships with international investment banks. We promote ourselves as an investment in sustainable mobility and are a regular issuer of green bonds.
If you have any questions concerning the position, please contact Jobs@Eurofima.org.