We are hiring - Portfolio Manager & ESG Analyst
EUROFIMA European Company for the Financing of Railroad Rolling Stock is a supranational organization located in Basel, Switzerland. EUROFIMA fulfils a non-profit maximizing mission to support the development of public service passenger rail transportation in its contracting states. EUROFIMA supports its shareholder railways in renewing and modernizing their equipment by providing competitive financings.
The Treasury & Asset Management unit is responsible for the management of liquidity and investment portfolios totalling more than EUR 4 billion. We integrate Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) factors into our investment management process and act as a sustainable and responsible investor.
As of 1 April 2022 – or by arrangement – we are looking for a
Portfolio Manager & ESG Analyst (80% - 100%)
Responsibilities and Impact:
- You will be responsible for the investment and liquidity management of a dedicated EUR 2.5 billion short-term fixed income portfolio
- You will deputize your Portfolio Manager colleagues and assist them in their investment analyses
- You will drive the integration of ESG factors into our investment management processes
- You will liaise with internal stakeholders and external counterparties (including major international investment banks) contributing to positive working relationships
- You will support the Head of the Unit in creating analyses and proposals for the Senior Management and the Board of Directors
Qualifications and Experience:
- You hold a master’s degree in finance, economics or business administration and bring - ideally - a post-graduate qualification (e.g. CFA, FRM, CIIA)
- You have at least 2 years of relevant experience in the banking or investment management industry preferably with professional experience in the field of sustainable finance
- You have a profound technical knowledge of investment products and master the mechanics of the cross-currency basis
- You are an experienced Microsoft Office and Bloomberg user, knowledge about SimCorp Dimension is an advantage
- You can demonstrate experience working in an international environment and are connected to the international money markets community
- You convince people with your precise communication and influencing skills in English (oral and written) - any other language is an asset
- You are committed to sustainability and have an interest in sustainable mobility solutions
EUROFIMA is an equal opportunity employer, is committed to creating a diverse environment and supports flexible working arrangements. At EUROFIMA, we work in small interactive teams and foster an environment for fast learners who are eager to create an impact with their daily work. From day one, you will assume a high level of responsibility and independence to achieve our investment objectives. We offer an international work environment and support our staff with their development through relevant trainings.
The assignment is permanent. You will work in our new offices at Meret Oppenheim Platz 1 C in Basel (CH). We look forward to receiving your complete application including your motivation at email@example.com not later than 12 December 2021. Applications via recruiting agencies will not be considered.
If you have any questions concerning the position, please contact Robert Eigenheer, Head of Treasury & Asset Management, at firstname.lastname@example.org
 The Funded Liquidity Portfolio is funded in the money and capital markets. The investment strategy is to ensure EUROFIMA’s liquidity at any given time and to fulfil requirements set by external credit rating agencies or internally.