We are hiring - Junior Accountant
EUROFIMA European Company for the Financing of Railroad Rolling Stock is a supranational
organization located in Basel, Switzerland. EUROFIMA fulfils a non-profit maximizing mission to
support the development of public service passenger rail transportation in its contracting states.
EUROFIMA supports its shareholder railways in renewing and modernizing their equipment by
providing competitive financings.
As of 1 February 2022 – or by arrangement – we are looking for a
Junior Accountant (100%)
Responsibilities and Impact:
In this role you will
- prepare and execute closing tasks according to IFRS
- prepare periodical (monthly, quarterly and annually) financial reportings including income
statement and balance sheet analysis and commentary
- perform bookkeeping tasks including accruals, depreciation and payroll accounting
- develop and execute internal controls to ensure compliance with internal governance
- support and contribute to projects and ad hoc requests
Qualifications and Experience:
- You hold a university degree in finance, economics or business administration or similar
- You have 1-2 years of relevant experience a similar function in the banking, treasury or
investment management industry
- You have accounting knowledge (IFRS), hedge accounting knowledge is an advantage
- You have a technical knowledge of investment products and financial instruments
- You are an experienced Microsoft Office (particularly Excel) user, knowledge about SimCorp
Dimension is an advantage
- You have strong numerical and analytical skills and pay attention to details
- You have a structured way of working and enjoy going into the details but never lose the «big picture»
- Fluent in German and precise communication and influencing skills in English (oral and written)
- You show trust and integrity as well as interest in the underlying business reasons, driving
EUROFIMA is an equal opportunity employer, is committed to creating a diverse environment and supports flexible working arrangements. At EUROFIMA, we work in small interactive teams and foster an environment for fast learners who are eager to create an impact with their daily work. From day one you will assume a high level of responsibility and independence to achieve our business objectives. We offer an international work environment and support our staff with their development through relevant trainings.
The assignment is permanent. You will work in our new offices at Meret Oppenheim Platz 1C in Basel (CH). We look forward to receiving your complete application including your motivation at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications via recruiting agencies will not be considered.
If you have any questions concerning the position, please contact Benjamin Cueni, Head of Accounting, Controlling & Compliance, at email@example.com.