We are hiring - Head Capital Markets / Treasury & Asset Management (100%)
EUROFIMA European Company for the Financing of Railroad Rolling Stock is a supranational organization located in Basel, Switzerland. EUROFIMA fulfils a non-profit maximizing mission to support the development of public service passenger rail transportation in its 25 contracting states. EUROFIMA supports its shareholder railways in renewing and modernizing their equipment by providing competitive financings.
As of July 2023 – or by arrangement – we are looking for a
Head Capital Markets / Treasury & Asset Management (100%)
Responsibilities and Impact:
- Leading the Capital Markets team with 2 FTE and the Treasury & Asset Management unit with 3 FTE and reporting directly to the Chief Executive Officer
- Responsible for funding (i.e., green bonds, bonds, private placements, commercial paper, and loans) in international capital markets and managing the EUR 15+ billion debt portfolio
- Responsible for the liquidity and investment management of three multi-currency fixed income portfolios in total of 4+ billion EUR-equivalent
- Responsible for financial risk and asset-liability management of the EUR 15+ billion balance sheet
- Responsible for investor relations and relationships with banks
- Responsible for client relationship management with 26 European railways
- Integration of ESG considerations (i.e., Environmental, Social and Governance) in the investment decision process
- Member of the Sustainability Committee
Qualifications and Experience:
- Master’s degree in finance, economics or business administration and post-graduate qualification (e.g., CFA, FRM)
- At least 10 years of relevant experience in debt capital market’s and/or a senior treasury role, ideally working cross-functionally, preferable within a financial institution, development bank or multilateral agency
- At least 5 years in a leadership or managerial role
- Experience in a multi-currency environment, in treasury market operations, asset management and debt capital raising in multiple currencies
- Profound technical knowledge of funding instruments (e.g., bonds, green bonds, commercial paper) and derivative products (e.g. cross-currency swaps, interest rate swaps, foreign exchange swaps)
- Experience in working in an international environment and well connected in the international capital markets community.
- Convincing people with your precise communication and influencing skills in English (oral and written) - any other language is an advantage
About the Job:
The assignment is permanent. You will work in our new offices at Meret Oppenheim Platz 1 C in Basel close to the main train station. We look forward to receiving your complete application including your motivation at
Jobs@Eurofima.org. Applications via recruiting agencies will not be considered.
EUROFIMA as an equal opportunity employer is committed to creating a diverse environment and supports flexible working arrangements. At EUROFIMA, we work in small interactive teams and foster an environment for fast learners who are eager to create an impact with their daily work. From day one, you will assume a high level of responsibility and independence to achieve our investment objectives. We offer an international work environment and support our staff with their development through relevant trainings.
The Capital Markets unit is responsible for issuing fixed income instruments (EUR 10+ billion) in international capital markets and for investor relations with our investors. We promote ourselves as an investment in sustainable mobility and are a regular issuer of green bonds.
The Treasury & Asset Management unit is responsible for the management of liquidity and investment portfolios total-ling more than EUR 4 billion. The unit integrates Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) factors into our investment management process and act as a sustainable and responsible investor.
If you have any questions concerning the position, please contact Annett Stehr, Manager Human Resources at email@example.com.