We are hiring - Funding Officer / Capital Markets Manager (80% - 100%)
EUROFIMA European Company for the Financing of Railroad Rolling Stock is a supranational organization located in Basel, Switzerland. EUROFIMA fulfils a non-profit maximizing mission to support the development of public service passenger rail transportation in Europe. EUROFIMA supports its shareholder railways as well as other railway bodies in renewing and modernizing their equipment by providing competitive financings.
As of 1 October 2023 – or by arrangement – we are looking for a
Funding Officer / Capital Markets Manager (80% - 100%)
Responsibilities and Impact:
Funding operations and investor relations in international capital markets:
- Responsible for the short and long-term funding operations in international capital markets including the respective hedging operations with cross-currency swaps, interest rate swaps, foreign exchange swaps, or any other required derivatives
- Driving our investor relations activities with global fixed income investors to promote EUROFIMA as a top credit quality and sustainable issuer
- Integrating sustainability and ESG in our funding operations
- Managing the documentation of transactions and our issuance programs in line with regulatory frameworks
Lending operations and loan portfolio management:
- Managing relationships with railway clients across Europe
- Pricing and negotiation of financial terms of new loan structures as well as life-cycling of existing loans
Risk management of funding and lending transactions:
- Interest rate and currency risk management of funding and lending transactions through structuring, pricing and execution of cross-currency swaps, interest rate swaps, foreign exchange swaps, or any other required derivatives
- Negotiation, review, and execution of bilateral derivative agreements
Ensuring best practice of EUROFIMA’s activities in financial markets:
- Coordination of communication with major international investment banks and law firms, as well as internal stakeholders (Treasury, Risk Management, Middle Office)
- Design, coordination, and implementation of EUROFIMA Green Bond Framework (GBF) along the ICMA principles and EU Green Bond Standards
- Monitoring and implementation of projects on best practices from EU Green Bond standards, Climate Bond Initiative (CBI), ICMA Green Bonds principles within the Sustainable Committee
Qualifications and Experience:
- Master’s degree or PhD in finance, economics or business administration and bring a post-graduate qualification (e.g., CFA, FRM)
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in the field of capital markets in a supranational organization, a financial institution, or a multinational corporation
- Profound technical knowledge of funding instruments (e.g., bonds, Green bonds, commercial paper) and derivative products (e.g. cross-currency swaps, interest rate swaps, foreign exchange swaps)
- Experience in the area of derivatives, distribution of long-term credit and treasury products to clients (internal and external) along with the diversity of the national markets
- A good understanding of loan pricing and credit risk assessment
- Expertise with respect to liquidity and market risk management
- A good grasp of regulatory issues related to financial markets including compliance
- Experienced Microsoft Office and Bloomberg user, knowledge about SimCorp Dimension is an advantage
- Demonstrating experience working in an international environment and are connected to the international capital markets community
- Convincing people with your precise communication and influencing skills in English (oral and written) - any other language is an advantage
About the Job:
The assignment is permanent. You will work (in a hybrid mode) in our new offices at Meret Oppenheim Platz 1 C in Basel close to the main train station. We look forward to receiving your complete application including your motivation at Jobs@Eurofima.org. Applications via recruiting agencies or LinkedIn will not be considered.
EUROFIMA as an equal opportunity employer is committed to creating a diverse environment and supports flexible working arrangements. At EUROFIMA, we work in small interactive teams and foster an environment for fast learners who are eager to create an impact with their daily work. From day one, you will assume a high level of responsibility and independence to achieve our investment objectives. We offer an international work environment and support our staff with their development through relevant training.
The Capital Markets unit is responsible for funding (i.e.Green Bonds, Bonds, Commercial Paper) in international capital markets and managing the EUR 15+ billion debt portfolio as well as for investor relations and relationships with international investment banks. We promote ourselves as an investment in sustainable mobility and are a regular issuer of green bonds. The unit executes hedging transactions with interest and cross-currency swaps as well as fx derivatives. The unit is responsible for the client relationship management with 26 railway clients.
If you have any questions concerning the position, please contact Jobs@Eurofima.org.