We are hiring - Funding Officer / Capital Markets Manager (80% - 100%)
EUROFIMA European Company for the Financing of Railroad Rolling Stock is a supranational organization located in Basel, Switzerland. EUROFIMA fulfils a non-profit maximizing mission to support the development of public
service passenger rail transportation in its 25 contracting states. EUROFIMA supports its shareholder railways in renewing and modernizing their equipment by providing competitive financings.
As of 1 January 2023 – or by arrangement – we are looking for a
Funding Officer / Capital Markets Manager (80% - 100%)
Responsibilities and Impact:
- You will be responsible for the short and long-term funding operations in international capital markets including the respective hedging operations with cross-currency swaps, interest rate swaps, foreign exchange swaps, or any other required derivatives
- You will drive our investor relations activities with global fixed income investors to promote EUROFIMA as a top credit quality and sustainable issuer
- You will manage the documentation of transactions and our issuance programs in line with regulatory frameworks
- You will liaise with our railway clients, internal stakeholders (e.g., Treasury, Risk Management, Middle Office) and external counterparties including major international investment banks
- You will integrate sustainability and ESG in our funding operations
Qualifications and Experience:
- You hold a master’s degree in finance, economics or business administration and bring a post-graduate qualification (e.g., CFA, FRM)
- You have at least 3 years of relevant experience in the field of capital markets in a supranational organization, a financial institution, or a multinational corporation
- You have a profound technical knowledge of funding instruments (e.g., bonds, green bonds, commercial paper) and derivative products (e.g., cross-currency swaps, interest rate swaps, foreign exchange swaps)
- You are an experienced Microsoft Office and Bloomberg user, knowledge about SimCorp Dimension is an advantage
- You can demonstrate experience working in an international environment and are connected to the international capital markets community
- You convince people with your precise communication and influencing skills in English (oral and written), any other language is an advantage
- You are committed to sustainability and have an interest in sustainable mobility solutions
About the Job:
The assignment is permanent. You will work in our new offices at Meret Oppenheim Platz 1 C in Basel close to the main train station. We look forward to receiving your complete application including your motivation at firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 30 September 2022. Applications via recruiting agencies will not be considered.
EUROFIMA as an equal opportunity employer is committed to creating a diverse environment and supports flexible working arrangements. At EUROFIMA, we work in small interactive teams and foster an environment for fast learners who are eager to create an impact with their daily work. From day one, you will assume a high level of responsibility and independence to achieve our investment objectives. We offer an international work environment and support our staff with their development through relevant trainings.
The Capital Markets unit is responsible for issuing fixed income instruments (EUR 10+ billion) in international capital markets and for investor relations with our investors. We promote ourselves as an investment in sustainable mobility and are a regular issuer of green bonds.
If you have any questions concerning the position, please contact Robert Eigenheer, Head of Capital Markets and Head of Treasury & Asset Management, at email@example.com.