Looking for a Junior Portfolio Manager & ESG Analyst to support the Treasury & Asset Management Team
EUROFIMA European Company for the Financing of Railroad Rolling Stock is a supranational organization located in Basel, Switzerland. EUROFIMA fulfils a non-profit maximizing mission to support the development of public service passenger rail transportation in its contracting states. EUROFIMA supports its shareholder railways in renewing and modernizing their equipment by providing competitive financings.
The Treasury & Asset Management unit is responsible for the management of liquidity and investment portfolios totalling more than EUR 4 billion. At EUROFIMA, we are committed to sustainability in all our activities. Hence, we integrate Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) factors into our investment management process and act as a sustainable and responsible investor.
As of 1 April 2021 – or by arrangement – we are looking for a
Junior Portfolio Manager & ESG Analyst (80% - 100%)
At EUROFIMA, we work in small interactive teams and foster an environment for fast learners who are eager to create an impact with their daily work. From day one, you will assume a high level of responsibility and independence to achieve our investment objectives. We offer an international work environment and support our staff with their development through relevant training. This assignment requires a holistic mindset combined with strong social skills to successfully collaborate across different units in the organization.
Responsibilities and Impact:
- You will be responsible for the investment management of a dedicated EUR 500m+ short-term fixed income portfolio
- You will deputize for the Senior Portfolio Managers and assist them in their investment analyses
- You will drive the integration of ESG factors into our investment management processes and support our reporting activities in line with the UN Principles for Responsible Investments
- You will liaise with internal stakeholders and external counterparties (including major international investment banks) contributing to positive working relationships
- You will support the Head of the Unit in creating documents for the Senior Management and the Board of Directors
Qualifications and Experience:
- You hold a master’s degree in finance, economics or business administration
- A post-graduate qualification or studying towards one (e.g. CFA, CIIA, ESG qualification) is a plus
- You have 1-3 years of relevant experience in the banking, treasury or investment management industry or have professional experience in the field of sustainable finance
- You can ideally demonstrate experience working in an international environment
- You have a profound technical knowledge of investment products and financial instruments
- You are an experienced Microsoft Office and Bloomberg user, ideally paired with programming skills
- Precise communication and influencing skills in English (oral and written) - any other language is an advantage
EUROFIMA is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating a diverse environment.
The assignment is permanent. The place of work is Basel, Switzerland. We support flexible working arrangements. We look forward to receiving your complete application at email@example.com not later than 6 December 2020.
If you have any questions concerning the position, please contact Robert Eigenheer, Head of Treasury & Asset Management, at firstname.lastname@example.org