We are hiring - Intern Sustainable Finance and/or Client Relationship (80-100%)
EUROFIMA European Company for the Financing of Railroad Rolling Stock is a supranational organization located in Basel, Switzerland. EUROFIMA fulfils a non-profit maximizing mission to support the development of public service passenger rail transportation in its 25 contracting states. EUROFIMA supports its shareholder railways in renewing and modernizing their equipment by providing competitive financings.
As of May 2023 – or by arrangement – we are looking for an
Intern Sustainable Finance and/or Client Relationship (80-100%)
Responsibilities and Impact:
• You will contribute to developing and implementing the internal methodology aimed at assessing the EUROFIMA investor base
• You will evaluate the ESG risk scoring of the individual investment portfolios
• You will provide technical support on setting up access to the third-party sustainability data provider
• You will work with the entire Front Office to support each team member’s individual work with the assigned shareholders, including “do-no-harm” assessment and follow-up engagement with individual clients, and overall facilitation of the communication flow between EUROFIMA and its shareholders
• You will be involved in the EUROFIMA webpage development and in promoting our company on social media platforms (i.e., LinkedIn, Twitter)
Qualifications and Experience:
• You hold a bachelor’s or master’s degree, preferably in Banking/Finance, Economics, Law or Marketing/ Communications
• You have solid analytical skills with attention to detail and problem-solving skills
• You have good interpersonal and excellent communication and collaboration skills
• You are an experienced Microsoft Office user, have proficiency in programming (e.g., Python, SQL, VBA), any experience with HTML/CSS is an advantage
• You have the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
• You convince people with your precise communication in English (oral and written), knowledge of German, French and Slavic languages is a strong plus
About the Internship:
The duration of the internship is 6 months, with a possibility of extension. You will work in our new offices at Meret Oppenheim Platz 1 C in Basel close to the main train station or from home. We look forward to receiving your complete application in English including your motivation at email@example.com.
EUROFIMA is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse environment and supporting flexible working arrangements. At EUROFIMA, we work in small interactive teams and foster an environment for fast learners eager to create an impact with their daily work. From day one, you will assume a high level of responsibility and independence.
The EUROFIMA Front Office team (i.e., Capital Markets and Treasury & Asset Management units) is looking for a candidate to take up a position and work collaboratively with funding officers and portfolio managers on ongoing projects.
If you have any questions concerning the position, please contact Kristina Micic, Portfolio Manager & ESG Analyst, at firstname.lastname@example.org.