We are hiring - Back Office Specialist (100%)
EUROFIMA European Company for the Financing of Railroad Rolling Stock is a supranational organization located in Basel, Switzerland. EUROFIMA fulfils a non-profit maximizing mission to support the development of public
service passenger rail transportation in its contracting states. EUROFIMA supports its shareholder railways in
renewing and modernizing their equipment by providing competitive financings.
Effective immediately – or by arrangement – we are looking for a
Back Office Specialist (100%)
Responsibilities and Impact:
In this role you will
- execute the daily activities on payment transactions (order entry, validation) for domestic and international commercial payments in line with standard market rules
- investigate and resolve confirmation mismatches and settlement failures together with Front Office, custodians and counterparties
- analyse pending cash positions and take the necessary steps to close open positions with counterparties
- collaborate / communicate with counterparties efficiently (pre-settlement confirmations, tax enquiries, rate reset, etc.)
- process collateral management (MTM valuation, handling of daily margin calls)
- daily reconcile account positions and book manual entries
- generate and check future cashflows
- be involved in the settlement instructions and static data maintenance process
- assist our Compliance Team with FATCA/KYC documentation enquiries
- participate actively in projects and audits
Qualifications and Experience:
- 3-5 years of relevant experience in settlement and transaction handling, preferably in the banking, treasury, or investment management industry
- SWIFT and EUREX clearing knowledge
- Good understanding of investment products and financial instruments
- Proficient Microsoft Excel skills, knowledge of SimCorp Dimension is an advantage
- Strong numerical and analytical skills, affinity to systems is a must
- Structured way of working and attention to details without losing the «big picture»
- Good communication skills – clear and concise communication
- Proactive mindset to identify potential issues, deadline oriented
- Fluent in English, other languages are considered a plus
About the Job:
The assignment is permanent. You will work in our new offices at Meret Oppenheim-Platz 1C in Basel close to the main train station. We look forward to receiving your complete application including your motivation at
firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications via recruiting agencies will not be considered.
EUROFIMA is an equal opportunity employer, is committed to creating a diverse environment and supports flexible working arrangements. At EUROFIMA, we work in small interactive teams and foster an environment for fast learners who are eager to create an impact with their daily work. From day one you will assume a high level of responsibility and independence to achieve our business objectives. We offer an international work environment and support our staff with their development through relevant trainings.
If you have any questions concerning the position, please contact Jean-Christophe Lihrmann, Head of Back Office, at JC.Lihrmann@eurofima.org.